Monday, January 23, 2012

What We Know Bout Our Teeth???

My teeth still growing!!! Sound crazy as I'm nearly 30 but that's what happen to me. I'm suffering toothache, my gum 'crack' because my last teeth (the third molar or wisdom teeth) on the lower right side is growing out from it. At first thought it's a normal oral ulcer (as I used to get ulcer every time I drink cold drink) so I just keep wipe the gum with salt. The pain and sore continue for a day and getting worse. Have self-check and I found deep inside my mouth half of my tooth is protruding from my gum, worse its not in a line with my other teeth set (T_T)

I can't sleep, can't eat, can't sneeze, can't yawn, can't swallow even my saliva, can't speak and barely can open my mouth. It's a real torture especially during food fiesta here, only can stare on those yummy delicacies wawawa I cried when brushing my teeth and had to force myself to drink. Have to take postan (mefenamic acid a.k.a pain relief drug), reduce the pain but it still there. Postan have lots of side effect especially when taken without took any meal first. Here a good link that explain well in Bahasa about ponstan side effects: Ponstan:Kesan Sampingan (www.drzubaidi.com)

All this while I thought my teeth already all grew and adult teeth only have 8 premolar and 8 molar. Thanks to the toothache, I only know now that adult have 12 molar and my last molar only half way came out huhuhu Hey, haven't check my left side yet...maybe the one that growing at the right one is the 11th and the 12th is still buried inside my left gum!!! Meaning, I will suffer this kind of pain again in future  (T_T) wawawa

Ok,just check what I learned through the pain. In simple way,

Child have 20 temporary teeth (which known also as primary teeth, baby teeth, or deciduous teeth) consist of:
  • 4 second molars
  • 4 first molars
  • 4 cuspids (also called canine or eye teeth)
  • 4 lateral incisors
  • 4 central incisors


Adult then have 32 permanent teeth consist of :
  • 4 third molars (also called wisdom teeth)
  • 4 second molars (also called 12-year molars)
  • 4 first molars (also called 6-year molars)
  • 4 second bicuspids (also called second premolars)
  • 4 first bicuspids (also called first premolars)
  • 4 cuspids (also called canine or eye teeth)
  • 4 lateral incisors
  • 4 central incisors

No comments: